- Below is a summary of the sweepstakes rules. The full version of the rules can be found by clicking on the following link [Full Sweepstakes Rules]:
A. Sweepstakes points will be governed by official A.R.B.A., Inc., point system.
First award, six (6) points;
second award, four (4) points;
third award, three (3) points;
fourth award, two (2) points;
fifth award, one (1) point.
All points multiplied by number in class (actually judged).
B. Quality points to be in addition to our already established sweepstakes points.
1. Points to be set up as:
Best in Show =10 points,
Best 4 or 6 Class or Reserve in Show = 8 points;
Best of Breed = 4 points;
Best Opposite of Breed = 2 points.
When the four (4) group system is used for selecting Best in Show,
each group winner will be awarded 8 (eight) quality points.
2. Animals will only receive points for the highest award won in any (1) show.
Points cannot be compiled on an animal.
There must be three (3) breeders and five (5) rabbits/cavies in the
breed for to receive Best of Breed quality points.
There must also be three (3) breeders and five (5) rabbits/cavies in
Best Opposite of Breed to receive quality points for Best Opposite of Breed.
Pre-juniors are not to be counted for sweepstakes points.
In case of a tie, the exhibitor showing at the most shows will win. In case there still is a tie, the exhibitor winning the most points on any one breed will win.
Sweepstakes show year will start on January 1st and will close on the following December 31st of the current
year. If there is a New Years Eve show held, the sweepstakes points will be counted in the following calendar
A. Awards will be presented at the Annual Convention to the Rabbit Sweepstakes
Winners for the previous year for the following:
1. Total Points – An award for the top five (5) largest
number of total points, all breeds combined.
2. Top Breed Points – An award for the highest point
winner in each of the top ten (10) breeds.
3. An award to the highest point winner in each of the remaining breeds
exhibited provided that they have exhibited at fifteen (15) MSRBA
sanctioned shows. There must be three (3) MSRBA member exhibitors
within the breed during the current calendar year.
4. Meat Pens – Award for the largest number of points on meat pens.
5. Fur/Wool Class – Award for the five (5) largest number of points,
any one breed fur/wool.
6. Quality Points – Award for the top five (5) largest number of quality points.
B. Awards will be presented at the Annual Convention to the Cavy Sweepstakes
Winners for the previous year as follows:
1. Total Points – An award for the top three (3) largest number of
total points, all breeds combined
2. Top Breed Points – An award for the highest point winner in each
of the top five (5) breeds.
3. An award for the highest point winner in each of the remaining
breeds exhibited, provided the point winner has exhibited at a
minimum of twelve (10) shows sanctioned by the Michigan State
Rabbit Breeders association. Additionally there must be Three (3)
MSRBA members exhibiting the breed.
4. Quality Points – Award for the top three (3) largest number of quality points.
C. An award will be presented at the Annual Convention to the Out of State member
acquiring the largest number of sweepstakes points, all breeds combined. Award
for both rabbits & cavies.